Erinna Lee is one of the most well known and highly regarded Amigurumi crochet designers in the world. With over 10 books published on crochet amigurumi, Erinna enjoys a massive social media following with over 135K Instagram followers that enjoy her crochet designs, tips and tricks and purchase her finished dolls as well as patterns through her Etsy and website. (Pppsssstttt...she has sold nearly 33K of these on her Etsy site).
In this fun-filled workshop, you'll learn tips and tricks to create cute and adorable amigurumi cactus pot. Erinna is a skilled amigurumi designer and she will share her expertise on how to make your amigurumi look professional and polished. Come join us and unleash your creativity, make new friends and take home a new skill.
||Afternoon session: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
||Experienced beginner and above
General admission ticket for 3 June 2023
Please bring the following to workshop:
This workshop will be making the cactus in the image above.
1. Yarn - we will just be doing one pot in the class and the colour choices are entirely up to each person. There is also no particular requirement for a yarn weight, fibre etc. This is entirely dependent on each individual. The only change is the hook size needed which would depend on the final yarn choice used by each.
In the two examples in the photos, I used Ricorumi DK yarn (25 g) in the colours below. One ball of each colour is sufficient with only a small length of 002 Cream or White yarn needed to sew the decorative “V”s on the cactus body.
For the light green pot - 002 Cream (small amount), 005 Vanilla, 009 Coral, 018 Violet, 034 Denim, 045 Pastel Green, 052 Light Brown; or any: White (small amount), Yellow, Pink, Lilac, Blue, Green, Brown yarn
For the dark green pot - 002 Cream (small amount), 005 Vanilla, 009 Coral, 034 Denim, 037 Ice Green, 038 Patina, 051 Mastic; or any: White (small amount), Yellow, Pink, Blue, Light Mint Green, Sage Green, Light Brown yarn
2. Crochet hook in accordance with the yarn you use (2.5 mm hook for the Ricorumi DK yarn)
3. Fibrefill / toy stuffing
4. Pair of 5 mm black safety eyes
5. Stiff cardboard for the base of each pot. In the example, discs of 3 cm in diameter were used.
6. Pair of scissors, pearl head pins, stitch markers, darning and embroidery needles
7. Cosmetic blusher and brush (optional)
Please note: This session will be delivered in-person only - no online offering will be made available.
Sessions run concurrently on each day, so please only choose one full-day session OR no more than one each morning or afternoon sessions per day!